When Last Did You Change Your Password?

By
Advertisement
This is a pretty simple question right? And I know a lot of you must have in one way or the other ask this question time and again. I’ve been privilege to deliver Computer security lectures in different places and one of the most asked questions is how often should I change my password?

Passwordis something only you should know; not even your spouse is supposed to have an idea of what your password looks like. It becomes unsecure when more than two persons know your password.
Recently, I’ve thought a lot about better ways to answer that question. I have a few, and I want to hear your answers. But before I get to that, I thought I’d find some better people to answer the question. I did a quick, informal survey of the best in the information security business, and here’s what they said to me.

Adams,Network Administrator.
I only change my password if I’m worried a service has been hacked/compromised. I have different passwords for each site. In fact, I change my Yahoo password every 60 days.

YakubuFrom Global Enterprise Network Solutions:
>>I change my password when I noticed it has been compromise

>>When I noticed someone is trying to hack into my email account

>>When my computer is been used by more than two people.

As for me, I think every 30 days your password should be change. I’ll like to hear from you how often do you think your password should be changed?

0 comments:

Post a Comment