Why do OEMs Keep Producing 1GB Ram Android Phones?

By
Advertisement


Some OEMs are going from grass to grace while others are declining from grace to grass. I’ve been privileged to handles phones and I can tell you that some phone manufacturers have greatly improved on their products most especially in terms of ram capacity while others are left with questions mark.
I’ve been wondering for sometimes now why some phone manufactures decide to stick with 1GB ram; some vowed never to leave 1GB ram and yet they keep releasing newer phones all the time.


Look at this, if someone had told me that InnJoo A Plus will be InnJoo Halo Plus, I would have argued it…much hype and yet it comes with 1GB ram. InnJoo Fire 2 also comes with 1GB ram. Virtually all the mobile phones launched this season comes with 1GB ram ranging from Tecno Phonepad 7II, W3, W4 etc.

We all know that the larger the ram capacity, the better the performance. Other brands are unleashing 3GB ram, 4GB ram, and now that 6GB ram is coming into play, what do we have to do with 1GB RAM? It’s complete backwardness in this age of modern technology. Its not all about larger battery and fast charge but Ram too is important. It’s even common these days you can see a phone with good battery but comes with a lukewarm ram and the most annoying part is that it doesn’t support 4G network.  It’s high time our OEMs give us something more appealing and more appealing that will make me want to be changing devices every month.

I know some OEMs believe that Nigerians don’t really care much about ram capacity, instead fancy look, big screen and all that but that is not true. Even our babes will tell you that “O boy if the ram no big, I no send”, what do I have to do with a device that can’t multi-task? 

I’m just appealing before we’ll all fly to Ku chin wai, Jetai mei in China to buy our devices. Our OEMs should look into this and give us big ram phones.

What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment